Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / FSEX Resolution Change?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 12:28 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2008 12:29
Okay, I want the application to run in FullScreenExclusive, but I DON'T want it running at 600x400.

I use dbSetWindowOff() to get FSEX going, then I use "GetSystemMetrics" to grab a better resolution for the system. I then immediately use dbSetDisplayMode using the metrics I got... but the resolution of the application doesn't change!!!

Here's the code:

Is there something wrong with the way I'm doing this?

Changing resolution while in FSEX mode isn't working!

The one and only,

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 13:51
Get the desktop resolution before you change to fullscreen, FSEX mode changes the very display mode that this function reads from so no wonder it changes nothing, I'd personally dbSetWindowOff() after I'd set the display mode too.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 21:23
Okay, it's worth a shot.

But another thing that bothers me is my resolution settings for my game aren't working either.

Here's what happens with those:
I tell it explicitly to change to 1280x1024x32.
Everything in the game changes to adhere to the new resolution (as it should), but the screen is still only 600x400. Another weird thing is... the dbScreenWidth() and dbScreenHeight() commands are returning 1280 and 1024 respectively, even though the screen is still clearly 600x400.

I'll try what you suggested, though, I hadn't thought of that.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 21:32
Alright! That seemed to have worked out just fine!

I also found out what was wrong with my resolution setter, heh. Gotta remember that declaring an array of size [2] doesn't always mean I can use that [2] spot.

Thanks a ton for the help, dc!!

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:11:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:11:54