Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / New, All help apreciated.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright I am new to Visual C++ and Dark GDK. I have completed all the tutorials and done some things on my own (i.e Making multiple shapes spin with textures on them and being able to navigate a camera around them). I have decent grasp on the interface of visual C++ and the functions of Dark GDK. Now, what im asking of you guys is to give me ideas of programs to make. I would like them to fairly basic so I can strengthen my grasp on the easy stuff. Also if you could give a list of funtions(NOT THE ENTIRE CODE) I will be using that'd be awesome .
chanchan
Years of Service
User Offline
Try driving simulation...

not to fancy... just a car with chase-cam camera and a circuit... accerleration and decceleration

if you pass that.. then add the reality (read: physic to collision)

Always learning
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2008 14:11
Try making the solar system,(always a favourite) with planets going around the sun etc. You could just texture the spheres with simple textures to start with (grass, water etc), make a skysphere(space) and then have it so you can navigate the camera around space.
Its a good place to start as space physics it relatively simple and you solar system setting may come in useful for future projects.
Gentaro
Years of Service
User Offline
maybe doing something that not require object collision physics is a good starting point, such as:
- card game
- turn based game
- tabletop-like game (monopoly, risk, etc)
- tower defender game (seems to go a lot in this period)
- tetris clone
- jewel combination
- chess or checkers or chinese checkers whitout AI
- dice game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:25:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:25:19