Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is Dark GDK latest version compatible with...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 23:22
Hi we have a few questions about the latest Dark GDK (we have a commerical license):

1. Is Dark GDK latest version compatible with Visual Studio 2008 Team System etc. as we do not want to use the Express Edition.

2. Does it now support the latest DirectX SDK builds as we currently use the November 2008, or must we use a different version.

3. We use Vista x64 for development, will your tools work with this environment, eg. do you plan to upgrade Dark Shader as currently this crashes on any Vista installation.

Hopefully we will get some answers to these questions, and help much appreciated.

Thanks
Terry

Thank you,
Terry
www.My-Software.co.uk
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 00:48
I don't know about "team" but you can configure pro to work - it just doesn't go with the step by step instructions but You'll know what to do... Mutlithreaded debug, exclude libcmtd, atls, and mssvc, add the include and library paths and you should be good.

AFAIK - Aug2007

64bit? good luck... DarkGDK aside - I haven't heard to many compatibility success stories in it regardless of what the software is... Video Drivers, etc.

--Jason

CPPP
Years of Service
User Offline
Regarding Vista 64.
I tried Dark GDK (C++ version) in it first, but had nothing but problems with it when it came to shaders and some other stuff. When i switched to XP everything worked from scratch. So if I were you, I would definitely look at using a multi boot with xp and vista 64. I don't know about Vista 32 though...
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2009 01:24
I think you're better off not using DarkShader.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2009 03:40
If you got a commerical license and don't get the answers use the TGC support tickets

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:27:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:27:48