Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Why are Lee's Bamber PodCasts on Microsoft Site? UGH

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 00:43
I dislike having to fill in a bunch of text fields, register etc and tell microsoft what I'm doing for something that could easily be hosted here - that's about here, that's grassroots here.

I guess if microsoft wants to track popularity of DarkGDK it makes sense but ugh...

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Amen.

Don't bother watching the first one, IMO, he actually starts the coding in the second one.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 01:11
I wanted to see the last one but when it was on msn, asking me to register and all that... I skipped it.

zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 10:43
Same happened to me.. And there are some fields like company that are important and must be completed and i can't since i am not 18 yet
sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 13:51 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2009 14:45
Same here.
Being retired is not a good thing as far as dealing with Microsoft and their websites.

EDIT: the links from here look to work OK without too many questions.
http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_72.html#7
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 14:52
You are not alone - I complained in the mod forums about it and everyone that replied thought pretty much the same thing.

Unfortunately, Microsoft commissioned the videos, so they get to say where they are hosted.

I got through the registration (around half an hour in after filling uot 2 sets of forms and locating an email account that wouldn't bounce the confirmation) and found out that I needed to download extra software to view them - that's when I clicked on the close button and gave up.

I tried to complain via their feedback form, but once I hit page 2 of that, I gave up there too

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 15:42
Well - I'm sure Lee is reading this - and Lee - I think many of us like when you share what you're doing with TGC software as we all use it... and even when we are whining its a testament we like the stuff or we wouldn't bother

I for one am glad you are putting tutorials up - Same kudos for Josh's tutorials about LeadWerks. It's a very good thing.

--Jason

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 02:34
I went ahead and registered an account but got stupid and when I went to view the video I put in the wrong address. No matter what I did to try to restart the thing kept telling me that it was waiting for some verification from an address where I couldn't respond.

I gave up too. Now I doubt I'd be able to remember the password I registered with.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 13:16:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 13:16:50