Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 08:50 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2009 08:50
Hi,
In the newsletter it says:
Quote: "
The long awaited update to DarkGDK has been released, available from the DarkGDK website"

http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_72.html#7

Do we just download and reinstall the Dark GDK? Is there no update installer?

Thanks,
Alex

sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 13:46 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2009 14:41
That information must have been released too early from what I can see.

The DarkGDK update from the above threads (Dark GDK Upgrade - November 2008) is full of bugs and does not have the full features to bring it up to DBpro level.

I am certain there would have been a mention of a final update for the DarkGDK in the update thread if a new version was actually released.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 19:19
Quote: "The long awaited update to DarkGDK has been released"

Well... I've spent most of my free time which is limited trying to get a DarkGDK install working that still works with PhysX and I'm not amused at all...

I had a CD Burn of vs2005 express that I made when I bought the original DarkGDK... but I can't for the life of me get things going right - always something missing - not linking - etc etc....

I'm not a newb either - I tried that "New" release the newsletter said - was all happy - then I saw I already had that file from november or something - and it didn't fix anything...

--Jason

Sharp Bullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 20:08
Oh c'mon...!
I want to say that my DGDK works fine even in combination with nV PhysX SDK.

and... hey <<jason p sage>> if you want a good upgrade try this https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/1628074

Cheers!

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 20:36
I am really convinced the PhysX issue isn't TGC's Fault. If you download vs2008 express TODAY - all brand new - You'll have the same problem I'd venture to guess.

It USED to work for me - then I formatted my drive and was not game coding... then I wanted to game code - so I downloaded vs2008, set up everything ... and NO GO!

So... I'm (almost 100%) certain its cuz Microsoft changed the format of (or a version number) in the output *.lib files - so that it won't link with ones prior to this change I believe they made to *.LIB file formats.

I mean shoot - I wrote a Whole C++ wrapper for DarkGDK and DarkPhysics and sparky's... now JUST Physx won't work... demos wont work... Dark Basic? No problems.

Now that Update you just recommended... Look here to see why I won't touch it with your PC!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142674&b=15

Like your Avatar man
Cheers backAtCha

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:31:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:31:15