Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / DBPro related: ogg in a .wav container for 3d sound?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been trying for a long time to get a license free way to have 3d sounds in Darkbasic since it only likes .wav files. I wasn't sure how to put an ogg encoded stream in a .wav because I was under the assumption that it could only be in an ogg vorbis container. Well now I can have vorbis stream in a .wav file which appear in most programs after installing the ogg direct media filters. This means I can have 3d sounds that are vorbis compressed in DarkBasic. Thus a free of license compressed format... yay. I think...

It works on my computer well. My questions are: Will others simply have to have the ogg direct media filters to hear the sounds or will any ogg codecs work for them? Can anyone with better knowledge of the filters tell me if they do indeed stream the sound in a .wav container as they would in .ogg? Will I get in trouble using the container with a RIFF header in a commercial product? Lastly, am I making it more trouble than it's worth?
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2009 18:16
What, you have "a vorbis stream in a wave container"??
Don't you mean the other way around?

And why do you need to use the vorbis format alltogether; unless you make something extremely unusual, nobody would press lawsuits against you for using the wave format within your project, if that's what you were worried about?

Sorry, but I think that I didn't really get the core of your message, so feel free to explain it in a bit more detail.

-> Oh, come on...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:58:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:58:33