Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Two questions about DarkGDK.NET and VB Express 2008

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2009 10:40
Hi,
I have purchased the latest version of DGDK.NET and I am very pleased as it is such an improvement. I use VB Express 2008 and I have two questions.
1/ I can check if an object (in the DBPro meaning) with a given Id exists. Good. Now, if it does exist, how can I assign it to an Object3D variable?
2/ I want to start a new session of the game I am working on, and so I must clear the screen. To do so, every Object3D must, first be deleted (otherwise it remains on the screen) then set to Nothing. But, if MyObj is an Object3D variable, MyObj.Delete won't work; every time, I get an error message that says "COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used". First it's a nuisance, and second the object remains on the screen, even though MyObj has been finally set to Nothing. I have the same problem with Images, by the way.
Can you help?
Thanks in advance,
Thierry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:15:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:15:51