Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / JGC and Alpha

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!

I've downloaded the JGC package from [href="http://code.google.com/p/darkgdkoop/"]here[/href].
Now, I found out that they paste the screnn from a memblock. So they always write the memblock new. So they can use alpha. But how do they paste the screen so good. I've created a test project and I tested that out with the memblock. But it takes a lot of time to draw it. Now how can I change it that it isn't so slowly?

Thank you in advance!
Paul
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2009 03:40
Let me see some code Paulfred, and I might understand your question a bit better.

You say...
Quote: "
Now, I found out that they paste the screnn from a memblock
"
and I have to ask "WHO DOES?" because I'm not sure if you're referencing something I do in the JGC (Jegas, LLC Game Classes - aka - DarkGDK OOP) or The Game Creators themselves.

Quote: "how do they paste the screen so good?"
Please clarify "so good" for me please.

Quote: "I've created a test project and I tested that out with the memblock. But it takes a lot of time to draw it. Now how can I change it that it isn't so slowly?"

Well, first off - something sounds a little off here... I mean, the GUI, for example, uses sprites for the window/forms, and that uses memblocks to manipulate and "draw" the final result, then an image is created and applied to the "sprite". This is not the FASTEST thing but the good news is it only happens at certain times... which helps keep the performance reasonable.

The bitmap fonts work one of two ways - either sprites are made dynamically as you write to the screen, or you can "draw" your text in the bitmap font "on to" a JGC_PIXELGRID which is a fancy wrapper to aid the whole image to memblock to drawing back to image. (Meaning it helps you do some neat stuff and helps go back and forth between images and memblocks).

--Jason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:29:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:29:11