Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkInvaders problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I have a problem with Lees DarkInvaders
DarkGDK is properly installed as I have run other programs with success 2D and 3D
Running the source code C++ for Lees Dark Invaders in VisualStudio2008
I get these errors anybody got any Ideas as to what is causing the errors

1>------ Build started: Project: Dark Invaders Session 6, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Dark Invaders.cpp
1>.\Dark Invaders.cpp(138) : error C3861: 'dbDesktopWidth': identifier not found
1>.\Dark Invaders.cpp(138) : error C3861: 'dbDesktopHeight': identifier not found
1>Build log was saved at "file://g:\The Game Creators\GDK programming\Dark Invaders Session 6\Dark Invaders Session 6\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>Dark Invaders Session 6 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2009 23:39
It should be included in the DarkSDKDisplay.h file, which should be nested in one of the DarkGDK.h file. I'd try adding that header file to the program and see if it stops complaining.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Terry
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your reply AdBot
DarkSDKDisplay.h has been included still no change. Has no one ever compiled the code?
Or is this just my computer and compiler setup? I have tried to run the Dark Invader executable
That was precompiled it is not every stable crashes round about or after Level 3 I once got to Level 6 then the program crashed with an exception. I have a dual core Intel E6600 and Graphics card Nvidi Geforce 7900 GTX.
Orac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 15:15
I don't think dbDesktopWidth or dbDesktopHeight are valid library functions which is why it won't compile. The really puzzling thing is how have these statements got into your Dark Invaders.cpp file? I've checked mine and there is no reference to either of these statements in any of the files (nor in the documentation file). In the Dark Invaders.cpp file on my system, line 138 (where the error occurs) says playerReset(); and it is inside a function called gameReset().

There are only 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 00:04
Yeah, that's pretty screwed up.
Terry
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not changed any of the program code. I just down loaded it from the game creators file server which was mentioned at the end of Lee’s Webcast, I would like to know where you got your code from.
Swampert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 23:44
I had a few problems like this before... I think maybe just the server is being updated constantly? I didn't even pay attention to it. I just got tutorials and started looking at 'real' source code that was developed by people using the GDK

GDA - Game Developers Anonymous - Get in touch with your creative side.

Yeah I like Pokemon... so what?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:32:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:32:43