Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Sarah's Song

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2009 02:07
So here's the deal: I wanted to make a song for my girlfriend (who's name is, you guessed it, Sarah lol) to show how I feel about her. This is what I came up with

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2009 08:48
Thought it was Zelda-related, oh well.

That's actually really good.
I would prefer it with the piano completely solo though, but that's just me. A few notes sounded misplaced, the darker ones that appear now and then. That might also just be me.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2009 13:27 Edited at: 6th Jan 2009 13:30
Thanks Grandma Yeah the darker notes that sounded louder than all the rest came from me on purpose trying to put emotion (higher note velocity) into the song haha They are actually meant to be in the song

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 14:41
Great work

I think that the strings should remain; however, when used like that (just flat chords) you might like to make it more ambient and pad-like by tampering a bit with the attack and release envelopes of the patch. Otherwise you could make it more orchestral by ie. having the cello play a basso continuo and having a "walking" set of strings in some of the parts (parts like first violins, etc. not parts of the song ).
Also, the piano has a rather hard key attack... perhaps it should be softened a bit.

Others than that, a tad repetive perhaps and no ending (again... ) but other than that, great work, as said

-> Oh, come on...
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 22:56
haha Thank you I made the melody have a slightly harder attack than the rhythm to distinguish the two, so thats actually supposed to be part Yeahhhhh lol I need to work on my endings

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
great dramatic song.I really liked it.

Keep it up
epithika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 13:14
hmmmm

It sounds extremely similar to a song that I composed for a MISoft Studios pc game called "Redemption 9mm"

Listen to "Alice's Theme" at www.myspace.com/liambradburymusic

Liam Bradbury Music
EMAIL: liambradbury@live.co.uk
MSN: liambradburymusic@hotmail.co.uk

MUSIC FOR YOUR GAMES! at [href=http://www.myspace.com/liambradburymusic[/href]
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 21:36
Some parts did, I guess, but seeing as I've never heard of that game let alone compositions for the game, chances are it was just a coincidence

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 21:48 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 21:48
I think that would sound pretty cool if you had a bit of a beat in there after the strings came in, and hooked up the strings with sidechain compression to pulse in an out with the bass drum. Nice melody though

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 22:25
Yeah, I have to say I agree with Epithika, listening to Sarah's Song made me think immediately of Alice's Theme from our game. The opening is almost entirely the same. That's the strangest coincidence I've ever seen... err, heard, lol. Alice's Theme is like a battle cry for our entire development team, and has been for something like a year now. I don't think many MISofter's will hear Sarah's Song and not think the same thing. But hey, if it's truly a coincidence, awesome .

I don't want to agree with Jeku out of fear that any such alterations you make to Sarah's Song will bring it far too close to Alice's Theme from Redemption 9mm

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 00:26
@Jeku- Thanks man

@Matt Rock- Thanks, and I promise you, I did not steal from your media If I did ever take ideas from other sources, I credit the original authors, and this was an original composition so there were no ideas taken from anywhere; just a piece I composed while playing the keys one day

Iguess what they say is true then: Great minds think alike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:00:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:00:34