Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / minigames and LoopGDK()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 14:49
Before I started coding, I figured I would ask. I want to create a game that has several minigames. How does LoopGDK() fit in?

SHould there be one LoopGDK() and the mini game have a while (not minigameover) loop

or should the minigame have its own LoopGDK()?

or should the minigame be controlloed by the main LoopGDK()?

there will be some issues. for example, some games will have dbControlCameraUsingArrowkeys() while other minigames will not.

Any advice, suggestions are welcome
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 18:44
Use One LoopGDK and inside that a switch(currentminigame). Thats what I'd do.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 22:05
I agree with Jezza. To be a bit more specific, I'd want to ignore all but the exit routines defined in my program. So if a user wants to exit a game they need to back out from what they're doing by clicking options or by keypress, not by clicking the X.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Swampert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 23:33
you should probably make the exiting minigames a little more obvious though. Put in like buttons or a little text button that says "To exit this minigame" or with the buttons there could be a small one inside the game that says "Exit Minigame" and one that says "Exit Program".

GDA - Game Developers Anonymous - Get in touch with your creative side.

Yeah I like Pokemon... so what?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:35:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:35:41