Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.NET Multiplayer Options

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What are the best options in using VB.NET and the GDK. I always liked Multisync, but not sure if it's compatible, if it is, how would I go about it. RakNet doesn't appear to be compatible without some type of wrapper. Is there anything else out there, or should I just start writing my own using the system.socket?

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 08:39
MikeNet will be compatible with .net within the next few weeks.

If you want to use another plugin that is not compatible with .net you could write you own wrapper. The best guide I found was: http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2004/03/29/mcpp_part3.html. The guide focuses on wrapping a class, but you can wrap normal functions aswell.
XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats a good article, i might play with it just for future reference. Given what little I know about C++ at this point, I could probably write my own MP library quicker than I can try to figure out how to wrap an existing one. Still, I'll save that article in the event I get some time. Also, I look forward to seeing MikeNet's next update. Thanks for your reply

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:23:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:23:23