Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Resource file - an easy way to group game files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 22:08 Edited at: 12th Jan 2009 08:05
Well.. this might not be all that interesting to most people, but I was playing around with the old Kextract and Kgroup tools since it has become abandonware.

They can be used to group and extract files from a single group file with your own custom extension.

I have attached a little program test I was doing that extracts a jpeg image from a file called Resource.dat and then pastes it to screen.

the idea being that if you extract all your media when the game loads and then delete it all when it exits. It was just an idea to make an easy resource file. That is if you can hide the extract tool or something.

EDIT: I have found the source code for these tools. I know there is a way to access files directly from the archive without extracting them. So i am going to try and copy the code to make a simple game resource file archive system - if anyone has made their own game resource file system, please let me know

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:33:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:33:28