Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Considering Purchasing, but have a couple of questions first

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
I was wondering, will the FPS Creator run on Windows Vista? Also, I noticed it said rated M at the bottom of the site and was wondering if there is a way to remove the blood and gore from the games that I would be making?
Thanks in advance,
John
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 02:40
If your looking at developing for Vista, youd most likely be interested in FPSC X10. that is a version of the program that was built for Vista and X10...as for X9 ive heard that it does infact work on vista, but dont quote me on that, as i cant test it myself.

If you purchase X10, i believe it comes without the blood and gore. That is something you have to apply an update for. If you purchase X 9, the blood and gore can be remove by editing a few files.

http://www.seqoiagames.com
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Why does x10 not have blood and gore?

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Valkynaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 02:47 Edited at: 12th Jan 2009 02:47
Quote: "Why does x10 not have blood and gore?"

yeah? why is that

Mmm....buttermilk....
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured I could make some gory games that are extremely burtal and disturbing!

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
It does run on Vista BULLSHOCK 2 and works very well. If you can get both go for it... they are fun to use.

Dooms Wars

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 07:55 Edited at: 12th Jan 2009 08:24
Quote: "will the FPS Creator run on Windows Vista?"

Yes, but you will need to install DirectX 9 (Oct 2006 or later)
That is because Vista comes preloaded with DirectX 10 and you need DirectX 9 for regular FPSC.
Don't worry though, this won't affect other stuff because Vista can run DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 both.
So, you won't be reverting back by installing 9.

Quote: "and was wondering if there is a way to remove the blood and gore from the games that I would be making?"

Just edit the character's FPE script.
Here is the part of a WWII Officer's FPE, change...

;decals
decalmax = 2
decal0 = red
decal1 = blood

to ...

;decals
decalmax = 2
decal0 = red
decal1 =

...By omitting the 'blood' from decal1 and leaving it blank you have no blood effect for that character.

After you building that game you can set get the blood back defining decal1 = blood, like it was before.
You only have to change the FPE files of the characters that are being used for that game.
If you want all your games to have no blood then remove that from all of the characters FPE files.

NOTE: FPE not FPI, these are Entity scripts, not Intelligence scripts, for those who didn't know.
The FPE is usually in the same folder as the entities other files. (BMP, X, DDS, etc. in entitybank)

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 08:56
Quote: "decals
decalmax = 2
decal0 = red
decal1 = blood

to ...

;decals
decalmax = 2
decal0 = red
decal1 =

...By omitting the 'blood' from decal1 and leaving it blank you have no blood effect for that character."

You can also use different decals (they have to make sense of course) in place of the blood. For example you can use sparks or a flash or the same one that the skeleton's use for other characters. One of the scifi characters uses the sparks as well.

Quote: "
NOTE: FPE not FPI, these are Entity scripts, not Intelligence scripts, for those who didn't know.
"

Download FPI EditPad and you will be able to open up FPE files easily.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 11:01
Quote: "Why does x10 not have blood and gore?"

This was removed from the original boxed version to bring the rating down. There is a ragdoll / blood patch you can download but it's an 18+ Mature rating. This should be in your order history.

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 11:52
dont bother with X10 i have vista and i have both unless you can solve the compatibility issues or TGC does it isnt worth buying. go for x9

gamer for life
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 21:58
FPSC X10 is not for everyone I guess, but I think it is a extremely good value.
If you want to have fun then you will enjoy both.
I have both FPSC and FPSC X10, and I have no regrets.

Quote: "You can also use different decals (they have to make sense of course) in place of the blood. For example you can use sparks or a flash or the same one that the skeleton's use for other characters. One of the scifi characters uses the sparks as well."

Yeah, I forgot to mention other replacements than the blank.
Good call Flatlander.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 23:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 23:27:49