Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / error in documentation: dbPerformChecklistForDisplayModes & dbPerformChecklistForDisplayModes (i have to ad some small words to pass your filter)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 22:57
This one got me puzzled for a while. I copied the \\\'dbPerformCheckListForDisplayModes ()\\\' and the \\\'dbPerformCheckListForDisplayModes ()\\\' function from the darkGDK documentation. When compiling I receaved some errors.

the solution was easy, (yet it took me 10 minutes,including a search on the forum with no results). A misprint in the documentation. Checklist instead of CheckList.

error generating code: (correct is code commented)

error message:
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 00:47
Just a small tip... when posting, don't hit the "post message" button more than once, and don't cancel the loading of the page to edit something as chances are it has already been submitted (you've created 3 identical threads).

Quadrazar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 01:32
Yes i noticed. . (What can I say, I must be stupid).

I hope somebody fixes this. (and if possible remove the text within the braces()from the title as well?)

@Benjemin: tanks for the tip. I'm glad somebody corrected me.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 03:48
These little gotchas are understandable - but one way to get through them (if you know this know great - others might search) when keywords missing (or it seems so) check the header files in the include directory in the DarkGDK folder.

I personally use a text search tool (I like DiskMeta) but Google Tool Bar does it too I heard - we all know microsoft's own desktop search is useless for text scrounging ... whatever tool you use - having those kinds of directories with their own text speed dial is invaluable

Those search tools Handy for Microsoft and DirectX SDK include folders and documentation folders as well. I'd say its a job for Grep (with a GUI though )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:31:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:31:21