Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark Shader

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I have a question.

I have Dark Shader installed on my machine along with Dark GDK. I tried compiling the example used in the 3nd Webcast and got several error messages. I tried also to use one of the examples included with Dark Shader in Dark_Shader_GDK_Runtime_V1 named Bloom and got these error messages...

Linking...

shaderdata.lib(shaderdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbSyncRenderQuad(void)" (?dbSyncRenderQuad@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl GetFunctionPointers(void)" (?GetFunctionPointers@@YAXXZ)

shaderdata.lib(shaderdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbSyncEnableQuad(void)" (?dbSyncEnableQuad@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl GetFunctionPointers(void)" (?GetFunctionPointers@@YAXXZ)

shaderdata.lib(shaderdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbSyncDisableQuad(void)" (?dbSyncDisableQuad@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl GetFunctionPointers(void)" (?GetFunctionPointers@@YAXXZ)

Debug\ShaderTest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Do I need to copy the runtime files to a specific location or something???

They are in the folders...

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Include
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Lib

Help? Any ideas?

CrypticDragon

You know for a fact that you have reached the edge when you can absolutely see sound!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 01:38
Erm I think you need to add a line of code at the beginning of your project source to include the Dark Shader header file (probably 'shader.h' or similar).

Search for Dark Shader in this forum I'm sure this is documented somewhere.
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 03:03
It looks like you have to go to the project properties and include the lib in the additional dependencies.

Project>"Your project name" Properties>Linker>Input

then in the additional dependencies type in the name of the dark shader lib.

That should work but anyone correct me if I'm wrong as I can never tell what those errors mean right off the bat, I usually try a few things that are related to the error

Cryptic Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Erm I think you need to add a line of code at the beginning of your project source to include the Dark Shader header file (probably 'shader.h' or similar).

Search for Dark Shader in this forum I'm sure this is documented somewhere."

Thanks, I checked and the include line is at the beginning of the cpp. Maybe something else could be the problem.

CrypticDragon

You know for a fact that you have reached the edge when you can absolutely see sound!
Cryptic Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It looks like you have to go to the project properties and include the lib in the additional dependencies.

That should work but anyone correct me if I'm wrong as I can never tell what those errors mean right off the bat, I usually try a few things that are related to the error"

Thanks, I kind of got busy downloading and installing TS7.6 and courses. I will try your idea later on today. That may actually fix this issue. The only other thing that I have NOT done is to install the Nov2008 update of DarkGDK. I am not sure if not installing the update would cause my problem but I will try it next if your idea does not work.

Thanks, I will post my results by tommorrow.

CrypticDragon

Cryptic Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It looks like you have to go to the project properties and include the lib in the additional dependencies.

That should work but anyone correct me if I'm wrong as I can never tell what those errors mean right off the bat, I usually try a few things that are related to the error"

@&$&%#&*% Darn it. I did it step by step and still did not, work. I am not sure what those error messages mean either, other than maybe somewthing that header file is looking for but can not find, maybe, just a guess.

This is really driving me crazy. Would anybody here by any chance possibly know what these errors mean???

Linking...

shaderdata.lib(shaderdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbSyncRenderQuad(void)" (?dbSyncRenderQuad@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl GetFunctionPointers(void)" (?GetFunctionPointers@@YAXXZ)

shaderdata.lib(shaderdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbSyncEnableQuad(void)" (?dbSyncEnableQuad@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl GetFunctionPointers(void)" (?GetFunctionPointers@@YAXXZ)

shaderdata.lib(shaderdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbSyncDisableQuad(void)" (?dbSyncDisableQuad@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl GetFunctionPointers(void)" (?GetFunctionPointers@@YAXXZ)

Debug\ShaderTest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Any ideas would be appreciated.

CrypticDragon

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 06:10
Here is something you can try, I don't have DGDK on this computer so I'll probably download the Dark Shader runtime tomorrow on my other comp and see if I get any linker errors.

Anyways try different runtimes because I remember having using a different runtime than the lib was made in throws out random errors (which got me pretty frustrated). Actually I recompiled the lib to work with my project but since you can't recompile the lib I doubt you can do that.

Go to Project>"Your project name" Properties>C/C++>Code Generation

and you'll see the Runtime Library Field, try /MT or /MD (/MTd or /MDd if in debug).

But this is my guess, hopefully someone more experienced with C++ will come along.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:25:50