Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FTSC crew, does not take costumers seriusly...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all, on this crappy php forum. First of, i'll like to say a few words, about my enxperince as a costumer on thegamecreators.com. At first, i thod, this was a great way, to spend some time, dooing what i call interesting stuff Before i even brought the programe (fpsc) i tryed out some games, devleoped with it, and i must say i did enjoy that(pritty ok animations and stuff, for a click and drop kind'a engine).

I desided, to buy the full copy, and and get started, on my own. All the payment proccecs, and stuff alike whent fine, nothing wrong so far. After the payment, i took a breff look, at the ftp download info provided at the download page, on gamegreators.com and i then realized that i needed to wait, for an approveal of my download. At this very same page, i was also informed, that an e-mail named; The Game Creators: Download Instructions, would be mailed to me, containing an FTP Username and a Password, when the download had been approved.

When i got home from work, the day after, i had the; The Game Creators: Download Instructions mail, in my mailbox and then thod, it all was pritty cool, and stuff. But it was not that cool, finding no pass, login or what so ever in the mail, that was supposed to contain, exactly that info. I then contacted the Gamecreators crew, to try optaining it, in that way. It took about to and a half an hour(ok and fair responce time), for them to reply.

In ther reply, i was thold that the problem, i've exsperrinced, was a server bug and they did now, the bug existed, and might cause some truble, to some of ther customers. At this point, i started to have my thods, about this companey. (if you knew, about sutch problems in your company, wouldn't you do something, about it then??? or would you just leave it, and loose costumer's??)In the answer, i got from the gamecreators staff, there was a link, to download the software and i thod; Finaly, now it's just time to sit back, relax and wait for the download, to compleate.

After one hell of a time(i have T2 connection, so the slow download, must be a server problem lol), i finaly got the selfextracting file: FPSCreatorV1-online.exe. Now i thod, that i where to finaly install, and use the software, but NO! Grr. When i tryed to install the programe i realized, that i needed a serial, to do so, like in maney other programes, sold in these days.

When trying, to locate the serial(since they are offering a download to use, while wating for the boxed one to arrive, i was sure that i simply had to have it,laying arround in one of the mail's from my order, but no) Then i thod, maby i could locate it in my orderhistory and or, in the members area, somewhere at gamecreators.com, but nothing to find.

Then i came across a post, somewhere at this forum, telling that the serial should be in a e-mail, retrived, just after my pursurce and i decided, to dubble check it, but no serial to find. (very, very confusing) Then i got, lets say a little pissed, one error in a order from time to time, is acceptable, but this, no way.

I then wrote a reply, to my first allready running question about the ftp download, hoping to get the code, in no more then a day or two, but that's over 72 houres ago now, and there's still no answer, from the gamecreators crew. Then today, when still no answer, i godt pretty much pissed of and went searching google, for people like my self, having trubble with this company.

To my big surprice, i've found, that what i've been thru the pased days, is wery close to gamecreators normal standard, about how to threat a customer, and i got even more pissed

But then i realiased, that maby they where just to bissy/lazy, and if i got, to undestand it right, they only have a few people, employed. But then i still had this question floding, in my mind.

Why offer a download, for a product, people can't use any way???

Why not just tell people, that they have to wait, for the product to show up in ther mailbox?? :p Ofcuse, this will take a good sum of time, especially to people like me, liveing in Denmark or somewhere else, outside the UK, but atleeast it wont WASTE peoples time and to me, that's an importent thing, cuse time is money...

You'll probertly all hate me for posting stuff like this, but i simply had to get it out, before i where goeing all crasy here :p

Well. What can i conclude, from this experince; FPSC Is a cheap software, with cheap support.... :p

Sincerely Ib Soerensen, Denmark.

P.s. This post, should in now way, be considered a support question, by the forum users, or it's mod's, but just as an information letting you all know, that: you can't always get good service, without paying tons of cash for it
ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 21:01
If you have any technical issues with ordering or billing, there is a link at the bottom of this page. It is a disapointment that you are led to think that The Game Creators are crap.

Quote: "Hello all, on this crappy php forum."

*Sigh*

No Comment
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 21:12
Okey i kind of understand you...
But also i dont. Why?

Because when i bought FPSC, i waited for the dvd.
I didnt downloaded it. Cause i COULD wait.
And i dont get stressed because of waiting for a software.
(sorry, no offense)

Quote: "Hello all, on this crappy php forum."

Wow.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 21:32 Edited at: 13th Jan 2009 21:32
Sorry to hear you trouble, but you should contact Billing & Support. There's not much that forum members can do, you'll need top contact TheGameCreators directly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 23:21:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 23:21:45