Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / wizard disappeared

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello this is my first time posting so I will try to do it as "correct" as possible.
I have experience in coding c++ and have recently downloading Dark GDK so I can start using grpahics and make games etc etc.
Well I opened my first project and made a cube and everything was right with the world. Than just a little while ago I went to start a new project and the wizard option that was there in the new project dialoge box is not there anymore! Has this happened to anyone and how do I get it back. I've already did a repair on it and that didn't help...
any help would be greatful. THANKS
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 04:51
Personally, I've seen this topic pop up more than once in these forums and the resolutions are varied. I personally just save a "working" "something" and use that as my own templates.

I know that's not a fix - but .. all can be right with the world when you wear rose colored glasses

--Jason

Orac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 10:27
Malo,

Have you by any chance moved or deleted your default projects directory? VC++ looks in there for a folder called 'Wizards'. If you have changed the location of it you need to open VC++ and go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions - General and make sure the first line Visual Studio projects location: is pointing to the directory where your Wizards folder is.

Of all the things I've lost .. I miss my marbles most of all.
Malo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info, shortly after posting this I found the main posts about wizards dissapearing and read what I should do.
I opened up my c drive, found the game creators file, than the dark GDK file and than tools. I found the wizards.exe, ran it and now my wizard is back. I don't know why they disappeared or even how. I never got into the dark gdk files before running the wizard.exe. So the problem is solved but again I have no idea why they disappeared.
Thanks again for the help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:19:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:19:47