Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / intellisense only working on half the project!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so I have started a project and the intellisense was working fine. If I typed in dbPlaySprite( than all the parameters would pop up like normal. Than I added a header file and started working on that. Intellisense still worked. Than I moved back to my main, added in the include I needed, went to type dbPlaySprite( and nothing popped up, no parameters or nothing.
I checked the forums and tired the various keyboard shotcuts to make it pop up but no luck. When I go back to my header file and start typing dbPlaySprite( all the parameters pop up, so I think THANK GOD its fixed, go back to my main and it doesn't work.
Has anyone had this problem?
Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!
Thanks!
SushiBox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 05:09
Sometimes my intellisense gets messed up, so here is what I do. Save all your files, close the project, then in your project directory, delete the ".ncb" file. Re-open your project and Visual Studio will regenerate the .ncb file.

www.Helios-Online.net
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 05:10 Edited at: 18th Jan 2009 05:10
The intellisense file gets corrupted very often, sometimes you need to go into your project directory and delete it, then open your project again and it will be remade and should function again.

EDIT:

Sushi beat me to it.

SushiBox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 05:28
He he he :3 Anyway, not to get too far off topic, but while I got you here, good job on your project "Lonely is a robot".

</offtopic>

Let us know how that works out for you Malo!

www.Helios-Online.net
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 05:42
Quote: "He he he :3 Anyway, not to get too far off topic, but while I got you here, good job on your project "Lonely is a robot"."

Thanks! Progress is going painfully slow though. I've been working for 3 days and I have a GUI done for the editor and some file parsing functions. I haven't even started the actual game.

Malo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey thanks for the tip. I've seen thats what people have to do to make the intellisense work....but to be honest I have looked at all my project files and can't find one that has a .ncb extension so I am afraid I might delete the wrong file and make things even worse...
Sorry to be so noobish but I keep seeming to have more technical problems with the program than the actual code.
Again any help would be greatly appreciated!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 15:30
Make sure the folder options for your explorer are set to show file extensions. Windows search function stinks but it does do find: *.ncb pretty well... (just awful for "contains text").

Good luck

P.S. It also doesn't work when there is a strange construct that is either an error or it doesn't understand.. that is sometimes why it will work in line 1-300 (line 301 has something it doesnt understand) and line 305 does seem to work right.

--Jason

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 17:53
Quote: "so I am afraid I might delete the wrong file and make things even worse..."

I never delete a file until I know that I won't need it or unless I know for sure I don't. When I'm uncertain that it would affect something adversely I just rename it, usually using an extension that gives me an idea of what to name it back to in case it does cause problems with its absence. When I'm sure that everything's okay I then delete it.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 08:51
Quote: "I am afraid I might delete the wrong file and make things even worse..."

Recycle bin = win
Korx
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "P.S. It also doesn't work when there is a strange construct that is either an error or it doesn't understand.. that is sometimes why it will work in line 1-300 (line 301 has something it doesnt understand) and line 305 does seem to work right."

Without deleting anything... this is usually the case, it's not able to understand something.

Few other times happened to me that saving all, closing and reopening fixed the issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:22:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:22:47