Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A way to stop pirates from accessing your game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As said, I think you should do what you can, but if someone wants to take loads of their time cracking a game, they will get it. Though, I would want to make it so hard that it would take ages.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Slow Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 05:23
There is a much more important side to this issue no one seems to care about. How much are you going to make your PAYING customer go through to play your game? There are several companies now I don't even look at programs from because of their annoying copy protection schemes. Of course, maybe the best copy protection is one that is so annoying no one wants the game anyway. There is a thread going on in Geek Culture right now about this issue.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143697&b=2&p=0#m1674986
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 11:27
To be honest, if someone spends hours cracking your game, then releasing it, that means that it really must be worth playing...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 12:58
You will see my game's graphics in a few weeks. there will be a thread in w.i.p board with screnshots of my game.

ok, i will try yo embedd basic copy protection.

thanks
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Use Phoenix Game Protection, it's great!

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 05:45
ok, cool. if i used that, will my fpscgame.exe be replaced? if not, that is how i can embedd piracy protection.

thanks
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 07:03
Quote: "there will be a thread in w.i.p board"

Careful there, people get very much uppity about non-DBP (especially FPSC) games being posted in there.

Good luck in your pirate protecting. I think the single most important aspect of any game will be the engine, so a protection against decompilation might be a good idea.
(Not sure about this, but has anyone actually made a protection against that? )

The one and only,

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 07:05
by w.i.p board i mean the FPSC w.i.p board.

thanks
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
No, from my understanding of the program (worked with beta testing earlier versions, also worked with promotion), it encrypts everything so it is protected but still readable. It also offers online serial validation (for paid versions, not included in free versions). I've seen it in action, it's impressive, and a good buy if you are serious about protecting your work.

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Doesn't PlayNC use a pretty good "anti-pirate" system, it basically works that if the registration key is entered and has already been used then it gives a message saying that the "registration key has already been used" and then game isn't playable. Or the only other thing is Steam? can steam games be hacked? because from what i see you have to have them on your account.

BJKDAW
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
As of right now, Steam games are pirated, BUT they cannot be loaded into the Steam program, meaning online features are not available.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:26:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:26:48