Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / My game's main theme

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2009 17:56 Edited at: 21st Jan 2009 01:02
Hello everyone, for the past few days i've been working on the main score for my game, when i release my game it'll include this soundtrack. I hadn't planned on releasing it on my soundclick page but i eventually decided that it's much more fun giving it to all the people here that are making games

The song's name is "Last man on earth" And it's 4 minutes 48 seconds [4:48]. And it's located on http://www.soundclick.com/peacemaker

Edit : I reuploaded the song, fixed a few things i didnt like.

-

If you need music or have any questions on how you can use these songs then go to :
My email adress is Karisigurd4@gmail.com
My msn is kisi_er_ekki_cool@hotmail.com

in Austrlia, there is a really red sun, u got a red sun in sky too?
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 18:51
nice. Your work always inspires me to work on projects

PGDO. it consumes my every waking moment, that is not already being eaten by work / school / sleeping
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, i'm really happy to hear that

in Austrlia, there is a really red sun, u got a red sun in sky too?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 20:55
Yes sounds very well done

nice job!

SMD3DInteractive
Agent Joe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 23:02
Sounds good!

Try things that you normally wouldn't... you might find the answer.
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 18:57
NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
really great stuff.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 11:40
Well, what can I say... great track!

As unusual as it is, I can't find that much to complain abou... err... give constructive criticism on. I must say though that the hat sound around the middle section of the sound was pretty repetive; maybe you should try to alternate between a few slightly different samples on that one (if you have of course). Also, there wasn't a very thorough melody, but that's just my preference; over all a great electronic / orchestral hybrid. Oh yeah, and great mixing too

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey man,

I'm liking the tone you are going for here however I would like to offer some constructive criticism if I may.

Firstly you could take a look at your layers, most themes should have a foreground midground and background...the foreground being what you want the listener to be attached to, midground should support and enforce the foreground and then the background should fill the space and allow the front two to define the piece.

Secondly I couldnt find anything in the track that could be classed as a theme....i theme should normally have a melodic or rhythmic phrase that you can catch on too...kind of like a hook in a pop song, that one thing that you could play by its self and you would instantly recognize. The way this track is at the moment it would be easy for you to introduce a 'hook' onto it.

(listen to the Superman theme for an example of a melodic theme)
(listen to battlefield 1942 theme for an example of a rhythmic theme)

Hope that helps.

Dan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:23:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:23:30