Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] V1.14.005 bug, how do I fix this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
After I updated to v1.14.005 It says "Fps Creator Free" on the top, I went to, as said in a thread, Userdetials.ini or whatever, and entered the filepath my name and my serial but it still doesnt work, what should I do? And I assume this is also why I cant use the build game function either right?

Bob Dole sent me, he wants coffee.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
try putting a v in front of your serial code(people say that works)

]
The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! It actually worked!
I bought FPSCreator on Fnac, here in Portugal, and I had the same problem as Taterx11 when I downloaded the update!

Now with the update, I have a problem with textures! On the map editor, I can't see the textures on the already built map, which is weird cuz it didn't happen on v.103, which was the version that came with the program when I bought it...! Any ideas on this?

www.myspace.com/the9thcell
The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
By the way, besides the textures-not-showing-up problem, it seems I can't test the level as well...! I click on the 'Test Level' button, and yet nothing happens...! It worked just fine on the previous version. Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

Taterx11
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, click repair under setup and then restore it v1 and then install v1.14 but dont delete the .bin or dbo files, it worked for me.

The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
Hm! Gonna try that! Thanx, man!

Taterx11
Years of Service
User Offline
The adding a v thing didnt work for me, anyone have any other suggestions?

The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
Hhmmm, that's odd. Did you write 'v' without CAPSLOCK on? I wrote the small 'v', without CAPSLOCK and it worked out - and make sure you write it at the end of the serial, on userdetails.ini.

I did what you recommended - repaired the version through Setup, brought it back to v.103, and then I re-installed 1.14 without removing the .bin or dbo files,and I still can't see the textures. I uploaded a screen capture, so that you can see what happened...!
And the 'Test Level' feature is not working...!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Taterx11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 00:17 Edited at: 21st Jan 2009 00:35
Ohhh! at the end! I was putting it at the begining, thanks very much it worked.

Edit: I know exactly what your saying, everything apears gray right? Sometimes it takes a bit of toying around, it happened to me a few times in one day while I was experimenting with the ini files. I found that this method worked best.
1. Click repair or uninstall and then reinstall it
2. Dont open the program (I dont, it probably doesnt matter tho)
3. Before you start the program, install the updates
4. Make sure you dont delete you bin and dbo's

It might take a few trys but following that or just messing around with uninstall and repair until it works, always works lol

Edit#2: Ive developed a hypothesis. And tested it, the V at the end of the serial makes the textures disapear, so you should make your game in free mode so you can test it, then when you want to build it you enter the v. But after the v is entered you have to reinstall the program.

The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
Ehehe, I just did what you said, and it still doesn't work. Perhaps it is related with something thats already default with the update? I mean, the update could have changed the settings to the editor, so that it doesn't show textures to be less memory-consuming, but in that case, I assume there might be a key you have to push to enable the textures back on? :-| Or something like that...! lol

I'm getting really, really desperate...! I bought the program, and being unable to use it it's driving me nuts!! lol
And the map I created on 1.03 version, I tried to use it on the update and it works fine - no textures, though...! lol - but when I try to open my map on the 1.03 version again, after unninstalling the update, it gets me an error saying it can't find a certain entity, and the FPSCreator crashes!!?

Taterx11
Years of Service
User Offline
Completely remove the program and reinstall then follow my hypothesis above if you havent read it

The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I guess it's the thing to do. Tell me, do I have to install all the updates one by one, or can I install the 1.14 directly after install?

Taterx11
Years of Service
User Offline
just install v1.14.005

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 03:33
Actually remove (uninstall) v1. Do not repair it. After installing v1 just install v1.14 beta 5. Do not install any other updates prior to this. Including any model packs. When it is finished it will ask you if you want to delete the bin and dbo files. Select Y for yes.

If you are reinstalling v1 after it is totally removed it should ask you for the serial number again.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, guys! I unninstalled the program, installed it back again and just updated to the 1.09, and it now works just fine! :\ You go figure...!

Taterx11
Years of Service
User Offline
But the problem is that everything above v1.09 deletes your serial number for some people and thats the problem we have, Ive done what you said and its the same symptoms

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 23:19
hmm...a conundrum we have here. Repairing has never worked for me ever with any program so... anyways did you completely delete the FPSC folder? that might work.

Deleting .dbos and .bins are the way FPSC cleans out its recycle bin in a way so deleting those are very important.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 23:18:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 23:18:48