Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / new idea for a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there, I haven't used fps creator in a good few months but out of all the engines I've tried out, fps creator definitely is the most straight forward. When I get round to it I'm going to install my copy and then apply the v1.14 upgrade. Please note I am not a good game developer. I know the basic elements and I know how several 3d engines work. I understand the importance of plot, lighting, shading, level design, entities and the artificial intelligence. Anyway I am the kind of person that's just trying to get a little creative with the spare time I have at weekends and sometimes the evenings. I have a nice little workspace, a decent machine, plenty of paper and plenty of ideas. Anyway the plot I've been thinking of is this. The story is abot a group of marines (I'm going to need to either write or find an intelligent allie script online). The marines are fighting an alien race (possibly intelligent battle androids, not sure yet) within this huge space station. The game starts with you captured and imprisoned (possible introduction cutscene), once you escape you must battle your way to the surface, and stop the huge machine that is threatening to destroy the Earth and every lifeform on it. The ambience level will be set to 1, 10, 10, 10 and I will be using a space skybox. I have high hopes for this game as I now have a brief plot that I'm developing on. I understand that the fpsc engine has it's limits but I do not know anything about programming/coding. So yeah this is my very brief background of the story, I am also probably going to download a copy of that fps creator guide located somewhere on this forum. My inspiration for this project comes from the game Quake 4, the band Killswitch Engage and my recent breakup with my girlfriend. Your comments are important, so tell me what you all think. I'm hoping to develop a beta demo within a month Thanks.
Screaming Head Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 16:11
sounds good so far and it would be awsome if you could tell me
where you found tht space skybox for the ally script you could use gamer x or wait for mine to come out on the script forum (hint, hint) the guide is here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131868&b=21

and if you dont know anything about programing or coding you should learn it has plenty of rewards

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is your bunny on drugs.
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
I released two here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116131&b=24

no restrictions, just credit me if you want to use them

Visit my site http://www.fpsmodels.com for models and media for fps creator.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 19:16
In my opinion the storyline is a little generic...
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with Butt monkey. Also, why would they wish to capture you anyway? If they're planning to wipe out as many humans as they possibly can on Earth, what reason would they have for keeping you alive instead of simply killing you off to begin with?
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 16:58 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2009 17:03
it is indeed generic, but it's good to see more space games, especially in SPACE STATIONS or space vessels. we don't have many of those. stick in a sci fi skybox, have the level be indoors, but make sure to have a shuttle craft outside the station that you can transport to at some point, so you can see the beautiful vessel or space station

i am planning a game in space as well actually (if you couldnt tell). id like it to be multiplayer, where two vessels fight, their objective being to take over the other vessel. this is my fpsc multiplayer dream, tho i havent tried multi yet, idk if id be able to assign guards for each team (for fpsc multiplayer, its best for LANing, when we'd have say 4 people, 2 manning each ship.. they'd be small ships. id like to assign guards to the security sections, and when the player presses say the BRIDGE button, a group of security personell will move to the bridge, that would be cool. is it possible to have allies/enemies in multiplayer fights?)

or for my non multiplayer, you'd be fighting to keep control of, or take over a, space vessel or space station, with crewmembers or marines by your side

you need to get the details of your story. aliens are trying to use a big space station to destroy earth, and you have to stop them. thats cool, but you need a background for the war right? maybe it is a cosmic diplomatic misunderstanding between two races. you need to know what tech level and what sort of weaponry there will be right? things like that

have fun getting your ideas onto the paper and then the screen!

p.s. girlfriend breakups never "inspire" me to do anything but stay on the couch, and not leave for food, class, or anything. let alone make software. can i examine your brain?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@avid:

WOW nice man really nice

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 23:23:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 23:23:26