Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / two questions on characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 23:03
1. how do you make a character so that he is on your team and fights with you on your side?

2. the default AI seems really sketchy. they get stuck in plain grass with nothing around, they wait about 2 minutes to fire (this applies to both the WW2 and scifi characters that came with FPSC). is there something i should be tweaking, say, giving them waypoints to patrol or something, would that help?

thanks!
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Change your title to something more descriptive, otherwise you might get into some mod troubles.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 23:25
to make the AI smarter you have to modify it. The stock scripts really suck compared to some custom scripts floating around.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 23:28
Allies are available at the top of the Scripts board. Alternatively, search for sensei.

Does butters still do it?

[center]
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 23:30
Quote: "Change your title to something more descriptive, otherwise you might get into some mod troubles. "

Two Noobs Questions on Characters.. Whats so bad about it?

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I'm terribly sorry, wrong post. Please forgive me, I was in a rush and I posted that in the wrong topic.

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 22:04
thanks everyone. fpsc is quite fun to mess around with. i shall have more noob questions later!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 22:10
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Please try to give your threads more specific titles.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Just curious how is
Quote: "two noob Q's on characters"
unhelpful? He is describing what he wants to know, about characters.

qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 23:07
can a lift connect multiple doors, rather than just a top and a bottom?

what is "240 - building portals"? what is it doing when loading that part?

how do you change the accuracy of a gun, how far out the bullets spread, how rapidly they spread out?
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 23:10
i will change the title for you guys when i get back from school. but it is descriptive:

it says "two noob questions on characters". that means that i have two questions about characters, and that those questions are ones that anybody who is not new to FPSC should be able to answer (since they are "noob" questions). the title is actually FULLY descriptive, as far as what the forum browser needs to know before clicking on a thread
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 23:14
We're trying to get away from the word 'noob'. I've renamed you thread for you qwe.

qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 23:40
curiously, the mods made my title uninformative for me

now, not trying to be contentious here, but are we trying to get away from a string of letters, or trying to get away from its meaning? because if the latter, why silence the letters when they are not being abused, and instead being used (on myself, even) as a normal conversation tool (aka it exchanges meaning). just food for thought

anyway, i do have three new "new to FPSC"* questions up there

* ill think of a shorter phrase to use that doesnt rhyme with n00b
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 23:49
building portals is when FPSC calculates what to render and when.

right click the weapon's pickup and edit the property titled "Accuracy"

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 00:22
^thanks

how do i modify an entity property, of many entities at once? perhaps i want all characters to have 20 HP, but i have 100 characters. do i need to separately click on each character, wait for it to zoom in, go down and find the property, and change it? or can i multi-select somehow?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
well if their all going to have the same properties do 1 entities property and then when your out of "property mode" click the entity and place him again and then continue placing the copy of it that is attached to your mouse.

]
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 01:59
^that certainly works. but what if i want to delete a crap load of items, do i need to hand click every one? some are invisible, some are hard to get to because of the way all the different entities can sometimes be close, etc. perhaps there should be an *edit* and an *erase* entity brush? just an idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:26:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:26:08