Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGdK: Help with Texturing objects, also collision ideas.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 01:04
This problem I have is that I have created some x files and one of them is of a tower, and I have added color to it, but when I load it into the game I dont see the color, its just gray and hard to differentiate details. I assumed the color info would load along with the file, I have a code snipping here for you ponderant enjoyment
Ialso left colonelx's in this snippet cuz I want to point out that there is no dbSetobjectimage in his area of code yet his color/texture comes out fine. There is something I'm not getting with the whole color and texture of objects, not to mention, i need to get a handle on the collision aspects of dark gdk, a dark collision tutorial is in order, I already understand polygons vs boxes but if someone would add a snippet of how to make it so colonelx can walk around on my tower floors and not through walls, that would be enlightening. Some of the flags and modes settings are something I know nothing of and am not sure where to find out. Thanks.

If you're not livin', you're already dead!
spring water
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 09:01 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 10:55
well, I somehow got a color and a shade, not quite sure how and I just discovered the help files that came with the installation!!!!!!!!!!! (a week later) Well I cant be the only idiot out there, C'mon guys raise yer hands if u were 1 2. I m gonna include my code so I can still get the ambient help in here, cuz I still want to shade and textue my objects the way I import them. Just so you know I wouldnt run the movement commands , im still strugling with getting any collisions correct but I work on this day and night. Heres my pertinent updated code

If you're not livin', you're already dead!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:30:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:30:59