Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Making Thing Move

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have several ideas for levels that involve entities that move on their own like crates and humvees, is there a way to make them move? I just want them to go in one direction and respawn repeatedly, but, how would i do this? I tried messing with the respawn options and velocity but i couldn't make it move, or even respawn! Anyone know how to do it?
Screaming Head Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 16:01
The easiest way to do this is with characters and waypoints.
but since crates and humvees arnt characters you could try a couple of different things. if you want the humvee to move and then respawn and move again this could be accomplished by setting the velocity high and the friction low. that way it slides. to make it respawn you could mess around with the respawn stuff or you can do it easier and script it so tht when the humvee gets to its destination it freezes, destroys itself, then respawns at the starting location. as for the crate im not really sure wat you want the crates to do.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is your bunny on drugs.
gmr1923
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 22:52 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2009 22:53
ok i can help i have made a script to make an enitiy follow a waypoint and explode at the end.
you need to add this line anywhere in the fpe file: ischaracter = 1 and mess around with the respawn details here:

any time it says "x" make sure it is a number more than 1.
there is a link to the script below

gmr1923

Attachments

Login to view attachments
gmr1923
Years of Service
User Offline
if you dont have a fpimaker/editpad just use notepad

gmr1923

gmr1923

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 23:24:26