Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Test computer speed function

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I came up with this function but i wasn't really sure what it could be used for. Can anyone think of ways to improve it or use it. My main idea for a use for it would be to make sure that stuff moved at the same rate for different computer speeds. Here's my extremely simple function
JustSuds
Years of Service
User Offline
the way i understand it, X would be an int representing the number of iterations before the application stumbles and the timer catches up? if so, it more accurately represents a scaled performance benchmark than a timed benchmark.

You would need to test your function on a number of differently geared machines to come up with a performance scale, say from 1 to 100, to gauge a computer's performance.

You could, perhaps, use the function to determine whether or not your games would work at or above the intended performance levels, relative to the machine they were developed on.

lol, the sort of overtechnical response you were after? what could it be used for?

- JustSuds

C:\> If you're happy and you know it, syntax error!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 15:21:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 15:21:26