Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Map Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm looking for a powerful tool I can use to build worlds for games I program in DarkGDK. I suppose I've been a bit babied after using the Lithtech Jupiter Engines tools for so long, but I need something with those professional capabilities. I tried out 3D World Studio but I wasn't that impressed with it. (I kept trying to Marquee Select and made boxes XD) It was nice looking, but it lacked the professional capabilities you would get from other "High-End" editors. So, can any of you recommended an editor on par with DEdit(Look it up) or other professional tools?
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 01:16 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 01:17
First of all, do you need CSG operations or geometry editing? If so then 3DWS and DeleD are pretty much the best you'll find. However if you're just looking for object/light placement and what not then these are both great:

-MapScape (free)
-FreeWorld3D (also has terrain editing)

Oblivious Harmony
Years of Service
User Offline
You know what? That FreeWorld3D looks pretty nice. I'll have to look more into this later. Thanks for the links.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:41:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:41:29