Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 21 Review

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 21:59 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 16:23
Refreshing the fpsc homepage again and again hoping to see the gore pack up I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jon Fletcher had finished his fantasy pack.
First off these models and textures are amazing! Uvs are laid out beautifully and the textures are spectacular. The models and animations are top notch. Scripts are modified bond zombie scripts and work very well. There aren't custom attack sounds, but there are some custom sound sets. Animations are really good, they give the characters lots of personality. Textures are baked normal,specular and diffuse maps which provides us with great looking shader-less characters but is a bit annoying.
Overall this pack is well worth the price just for the fact that you get 7 characters with 1 alternate texture each , 3 of which include mounted versions.
I would really like to have an add on to the pack which includes the normal, specular and diffuse textures to allow for use with the fantastic bond shaders.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Taterx11
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant w8 to get this pack, this one and 22 are the best of all of them so far, I wonder what 23 will be like lol.

Bob Dole sent me, he wants coffee.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 01:02 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 01:08
Quote: "which includes the normal, specular and diffuse textures to allow for use with the fantastic bond shaders."

I wasn't aware that it was publicly available, if i can get my hands on the shader i'll certainly do what i can to get their original maps on.

Quote: "Stock animations"

Actually it was started from scratch, and i only created the animations that were needed, resulting in about 1800 frames less than the normal FPSC biped, making the files a hell of a lot smaller.

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 16:20
I believe there is a shader example that comes with Model pack 22 but I am not sure if Bond has made one available for free, Perhaps Lee can put it in an update of fpsc, I would like them for rendering regardless.

I'll change the bit about the stock animations, I really love the way they hop for their strafing animations and have lots of sword and shield gestures.

If you haven't purchased this pack yet, do it now, you can't get any better than this if you like fantasy.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 20:32
This does look really amazing alittle over a year in the making too i believe.

PUNK IS BACK!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 21:08
The Orc's warhammered inspred, from what I can see...

This looks awesome, sadly, the chances of me actually getting the time to make a fantasy game are slim...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 21:42 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 21:44
Quote: "This does look really amazing alittle over a year in the making too i believe."

I've been doing all the content at the same time rather than one after the other, so there will shortly be weapons to go with these chaps too. (and the human characters)

I'll put these in the TGC store at the start of next month.

I think the page on the main site is a bit lacking in terms of getting a good look at the packs contents, I'll send some flat renders they can maybe add to the page.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 23:22:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 23:22:35