Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Qmusic V4 -In the making-

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 01:02 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 01:04
So as some of you may know....i have started a much bigger music project that will have both a music composer and game built in.

here are a few screen shots soo far on the editor itself.

I will have more pictures soon and possibly a demo once its complete

Feed back muchly appreciated to help assist me in this development.

This composer will have more instruments once i complete the programming

So some features:
live..3d background of moving sky
60 note editing on a single track
6 tracks of music editing
stereo pan/vol controls
a real keyboard can plug into the pc for recording + playback on the game

more stuff to come....

SMD3DInteractive
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 01:11 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 01:13
Niice! This looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, keep up the good work!

Are you using BlueGui for the windows appearance?

in Austrlia, there is a really red sun, u got a red sun in sky too?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 01:46
I bet VanB would be interested in this project, he and another old member made a tracker many years ago. I think they used DBC.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 20:47 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 20:49
yup Bluegui works nicely!

Also there will be an editing mode to edit one track at a time to see all 60 notes at once.

Quote: "a real keyboard can plug into the pc for recording + playback on the game
"

Also ment to say this will work for the editor ....not just the game.

SMD3DInteractive
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 18:03 Edited at: 30th Jan 2009 03:20
here is an update on how its looking on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Nk-ic-N_A

Yet Another Update:
Looks like i can load most qmidi songs into the editor now. There are some problimatic notes that dont load in the right place.....but for the most part its working.

Example: Chunks Dancer song had a drum note a notch out and the rest were all fine...so i programmed i quick load fix for that song in particular. That fix doesnt seem to have cured the others that are having trouble. Most of my songs that i have written seem to load in ok. Man Good Job Rudolpho on making the midi export for that crappy file format...lol Im having trouble figuring it out now.....but maby its been to long since i wrote it.

Qmusic v4 file format is going to be realy good on figuring out. Its file format is going to look much better.

Also got qmusic v3 files now loading fine as well....probly better then the qmidi success. However since qmusic v3 was way out of tune...its hard to spot where the notes should go....but i think i got it down pritty good.

SMD3DInteractive
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 23:39 Edited at: 5th Feb 2009 23:40
I want to ask everyone that is/were a qmidi user if i can modify the way qmidi locks the music author.

As it stands... qmusicv4 has the ability to merge qmidi made music into the new editor. However i want to change the saving file format significantly.

Here is my plans:

-merge qmidi software in
-ability to modify contents of the author info at all times
-any uploaded music will automaticaly be locked for modifying
-any uploaded games will also be locked for editing
-A user who uploads music or games can delete there music/games off the server....(only the ones they uploaded)

Does this sound ok?
Just dont send eachother qm4 files if you dont want your music stolen or modified. Because those files will not be locked for editing.

SMD3DInteractive
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 19:19
Well, a standard midi file is editable in just about any editor with respects to all info it holds (like author name, etc.) so I don't think people would be all that bothered. As a matter of fact, you can re-tag any file if you just try hard enough, so I doubt a locking mechanism would really keep "serious" vile thieves away from your work. Still though, it would be quite hard to get away with such a theft

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 05:48
Ok...ill probly change some stuff on that.

So i think the page where you can edit all the tracks will now be wav file load and editing...

I was also thinking of another quick method for making music i may try setting up....

I got my frame rate back to 200fps on note editing so i think im headed in the right direction...

Also i think im going to set up a note stack.... this should increase the fps big time and take away the efforts of the cpu running those for x loops for nothing.

SMD3DInteractive
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 23:42
I have moved this thread to the wip section located here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=145739&b=8

SMD3DInteractive

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:46:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:46:00