Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Makeshift edit boxes.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 17:29
Ok, I am trying to add a username and login box for my menu screen. But the problem is, when you start typing, both boxes fill at the same time. Also, I can not figure out how to do a focus when you click on it. Here is my code, the text buffer was helped by Jason P Sage (with necessary changes of course).

GUI.cpp

I am working on a 2D Side Scrolling MMORPG, the journey is being blogged and I suggest you check it out. Will include all progress, road blocks even drama! http://exoengine.com/blog/
sbowyer
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried copying in your code snippet, but of course it's missing a lot of things to compile. Do you have posted somewhere enough for me to download and try out?

I've had no luck with getting dbText() to work when there are any sprites involved. It seems the moment I put up a sprite, dbText() doesn't display anything anymore.

Hopefully someone more experienced can chime in here.
stevebrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 06:21
Wish i could help but just to say i cannot get any text to work once sprites are in use either.

Regards Steve
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 06:37
When you use sprites, or 3d objects, the backdrop is used, which is basically a blank blue color that gets drawn to the screen each time.

This will cover up any text you have on screen.

A couple ideas:
Print the text AFTER drawing sprites.
Look at the 2d commands... I think there's something about sprite backsave in there... but idk if that's fully relevant.
Try dbbackdropoff() or similar. This should work for 3d, but idk for sure about sprites.

Good luck!

prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
dbDrawSpritesFirst();

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:32:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:32:57