Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help with compile-time error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 23:15
I just downloaded Dark GDK, and also DirectX SDK as it instructed me. I tried to compile the simple program that was explained in the "Your First Program Using Dark GDK", and it said

Embedding manifest...
Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 31 returned from 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe'.

I have no idea what the problem is. I even checked mt.exe by trying to run it. It just shows a bunch of text and disappears before it is humanly possible to read. Please help.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 02:54
I'm not sure what's up but here's the link to what mt.exe is all about.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375649.aspx

It relates to manifests.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Ziphilt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 03:28
I deleted the contents of the Release folder, added the sprite picture that the program referenced, and tried another compile. This time, it worked! As that link said, mt.exe requires that the file referenced by the manifest be in the same directory as the manifest. Thanks for the help!
Ziphilt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 05:37
I realize now, after reading another tutorial in Dark GDK, that I also could have used the SetCurrentDirectory command to change where the program looks for files. Learning is fun!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:41:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:41:27