Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't get DGDK to install...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 17:29
Ok, I downloaded C++ Express 2008 and the Dark GDK installer from the main TGC site, the C++ installed perfectly, with no issues whatsoever, but the DGDK installer freezes just before it finishes, and asks for some product.cab file, that I don't have because I haven't installed DGDK yet...

It's quite irritating, without it, I can't install the November 08 update, or use any of the tutorials, (it comes up with a missing exe error in the debug folders)...

Does anyone haev a solution please? This was a fresh install, so I don't know what's up. I have the latest DirectX, to keep my copy of FPS creator in order, so it's not that. If someone who knows the solution could help me that'd be awesome...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 19:38 Edited at: 25th Jan 2009 19:38
Which installer, first or second?

I think theres 2 installers for DarkGDK for some reason , first installer creates a folder with another installer in it which actually installs it

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 22:21
There's two?

I only have one...dunno which it is, where are the download locations forr both of them please?

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 22:26
Have you downloaded the DirectX SDK (August 2007). You need the DirectX SDK before you install DGDK and I think August was the one you needed for DGDK.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 22:30
So the two installers are the DirectX and the one on the site, amirite?

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 22:34
After a quick check yes.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 23:48
Now it says that product.cab is corrupt?

I got the downloads from the front page on TGC, why isn't it working?

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait, you have the latest version of directX or the latest version of the directX sdk?
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 21:20
I think I have both...I'll double check...

AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 21:42 Edited at: 28th Jan 2009 21:42
Download off Microsoft: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7708310

I meant there was 2 installers for DarkGDK. I think this maybe only if you download off Microsoft. There is an msi installer which creates a folder and with DarkGDK installer with in it.

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 00:44
I don't think you can use the latest version of the DirectX SDK, it has to be August 2007. There might of been another version you could use, but I'm not sure so someone might want to jump in to answer that (I'm not an avid user of DGDK unfortunately).

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 22:19
That Dark GDK.msi is the installer I already have...

It installs, and asks if I have permission to write the exe file to it's directory, whatever I set it to...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 01:34 Edited at: 1st Feb 2009 01:35
Here's the error I'm getting. UAC is off, and I'm an administrator, so what's going on?

-=EDIT=-

It also randomly switches to the error on the first post every three to four times I click Ok...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 02:29
CG - Do you still think you have a corrupt file? If so - I'm sure someone might help ya if a retry from the TGC web site doesn't work.
--Jason

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I heard a report about vista and msvc++ having compatibility issues...could this be related to that?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 09:08
Run the installer as administrator.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 13:59
It doesn't have an option to do that when I right-click... :S

The report says that a file called product.cab is corrupt or missing. I'm re-downloading the installer again, fingers crossed...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 14:53
YES! It installed!!

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 15:08
Problem solved, the thread can now be locked...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:24:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:24:13