Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / DarkVOICES with FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 08:27
I'm really interested in the DarkVOICES product and i'm curious, since no one really talks about it. How hard would it be to implement lip-synced models to the FPSC engine models? Anyone ever did this?
ozzi mad boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 09:58
isnt it just a picture?

or does it work on models too?

http://www.afrokid-fps.co.nr
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 10:09
I really need this for my game too.

I spent $70 on a good Microphone, To have a model stand there and not open its mouth, which is kinda annoying.
"animate it yourself" - I cant animate

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
You could use Crazytalk or Poser.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 16:50
I dont think DarkVoices is compatible with FPSC

Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 20:02
CrazyTalk and Poser aren't really affordable. I loved DarkVOICES and, since it's developed by TGC, should be easy to integrate with the DBP/FPSC family. And that's what i want to know... how easy it is? Anyone did it?

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=dark_voices
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 20:11 Edited at: 26th Jan 2009 20:12
I think the answer to your question is no. FPSC character models do not have any where near enough polys and joints in the face to make speech look like anything more than a jiggling mess of polygons.

Could be a potential feature for X10 though. Not sure how it would work.

Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 20:48
I see... but, can we at least "simulate" or give the idea of speech? An animation that would be activated when we play an WAV sound? Anyone did this to the default models or have any idea on how to do it? I never worked with model animation before, and animating an mouth, should be a good way to start.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 20:53
Well, to do this

You need a model with a high enough poly mouth to animate, then you need to create individual animations for each line of speech. Lip syncing the sounds is your problem.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 21:02
Yes, it's much easier to invest in something like Crazytalk and use an animated cutscene. Unless you're going to be forced to stare at the character in the face in the game, it's probably not worth animating it for only a few people to fully appreciate it.

Of course, it's your game, not mine. Best of luck whichever way.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 00:02
I say this a lot, I know, but something like this is going to need a modification to the source.

DarkVOICES requires you to program the compatibility into your game. There's no getting around it.

Also, you WILL NEED... repeat that, WILL NEED to make a new model to be compatible with it. It would need to have a joint and possible animation for facial movements.

So here's your answer:
Not easy.

The one and only,

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 01:13
I suppose you could try to avoid using characters with exposed faces (have the ones that talk wearing masks/suits, etc).

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 05:25
What I do is I program a cutscene in DarkBASIC Pro with DarkVOICES then record it and put it into FPSC. Wala, used for an fpsc purpose.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 20:37 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 20:52
Quote: "What I do is I program a cutscene in DarkBASIC Pro with DarkVOICES then record it and put it into FPSC. Wala, used for an fpsc purpose."

Good idea.

I have heard of people porting FPSC maps into DBP too, so you could bring FPSC to the dark voices instead of bringing dark voices to FPSC.

That would be complicated though, so Muggins' method seems best for me. (CrazyTalk cutscene)
TPEG's right about wasting valuable effort for little return.
Even the mouths done on major movies like Resident Evil: Degeneration were not that good. (they didn't need to be)
So yeah lip synche is really kewl, but time flies when you are having fun.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 21:08
Quote: "TPEG's"

TGPEG

lol you and BVG have misspelt my name in two consecutive threads. I feel a Friday 13th coming along...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:20:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:20:50