Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Speed Performance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 02:26 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 02:57
Hi, on my Compaq CQ50-130US running Windows 7 Public Beta Build 7000, I ran FPS Creator perfectly fine, I noticed absolutely no speed problems, except when playing the game, obviously the FPS was about 15-20, because of my poor graphics card, but recently, and I have not changed ANYTHING, FPS Creator started running INCREDIBLY SLOW. Nothing else on my computer has been acting sluggish lately, but the editor is running at about half a frame per second (i.e. it takes about 2 seconds for the render thing to move) I do not currently have FPS Creator installed on my Vista install on the same computer, but I will probably get that installed and see if it has something to do with Windows 7 possibly.

I have checked in task manager and the CPU and RAM usage have been fine, so I'm thinking there is something wrong with my graphics. I have not tried playing any games since the problem started happening, but I will probably try that out very soon here as soon as I install Guild Wars on here.

EDIT: I'm using the most recent version (1.13 I think?)

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 02:50
Update: Guild Wars actually runs faster than usual on Windows 7 (45 FPS, as opposed to 38 on Vista) and FPS Creator games are running the usual speed, however the editor is just really slow, no matter if it is a brand new game, or the most complex level, even if the render shroud is at it's smallest size.

I also noticed that when I hover over the buttons, at the bottom the status bar says "Segment Painting Mode:Internal (R=Rotate Segment)" and when I move the mouse over any button it says "Decrease Render Shroud" or the description of the button, then goes back to the description of the current edit mode.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? Does anyone know a possible fix other than reinstalling? I might reinstall later tonight if I do not figure out the problem soon.

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 05:37
...I really have no idea. A reinstall seems to be the best option at this point.

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 05:43 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 05:53
I have just tried to reinstall (I backed up all my FPSC files, then I uninstalled it via the control panel thing, then deleted the entire fpsc program files directory and installed it) and it is still slow. I absolutely cannot figure out what is wrong with it. It also runs fine on Windows Vista. I have been looking around for people with similar problems and most of them were solved by reinstalling. I have yet to find anyone using it on Windows 7 though, but I know it worked perfectly fine on Windows 7 previously.

EDIT: Okay, the first time it was running slow was because McAfee was running a scan, I had closed mcafee and it sped up, so in attempt to help it I replaced my antivirus software with avg, wether avg was running a scan or not, FPSC was ALWAYS slow, I shut down avg and it ran fine again. So it was just a scan process LOL. Anyways thanks for all your help.... That last sentence didn't seem right

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:15:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:15:37