Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / linker error "cannot find file"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having a problem linking with the GDK for some reason. I keep getting the message:

linker error: cannot open file atls.lib.

I recently installed the November 2008 update. Was that a bad idea?
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 03:50
Which compiler version are you using? Doing a Google on "atls.lib" indicates that it doesn't ship with all versions of VS. But the jibber-jabber is a bit confusing so I don't know what works with what where or what function that library supports.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
Im not quite sure of the compiler version, whatever came with visual studio 2008... i never had a problem with this until i installed the update. since then i cant compile even the simplest program, even though my other pc compiles fine w/out the update and is configured the exact same way.
xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
I googled it, and from what i see that library is only used if you want to use ATL in your programs, which i dont. for some reason only the code using the gdk is affected by this; other programs are compiling without complaint
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 05:47 Edited at: 28th Jan 2009 05:48
The wizard shouldn't be setting up as part of the project. The only time I've seen the query about ATL is when I'm starting a project from scratch. And I never select the option.

Have you looked at the project dependencies to see if the library is listed? If so, can it be deleted without incident?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
actually i just created a new project and that worked. it compiles now. thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:20:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:20:29