Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark Gdk: sprite collision help pls

Author
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 09:34
so i'm still building a 2D top down shooter

i'm just in the basic stuff yet.
tnx to matty now i have strafe moving and overall moving.

but still i have a problem with collision where the player can move and where he can't, i have some collision but its no where near perfect. i post here what i have done until now , i want the collision to work good then i'll continue on , i'm just a noob programmer, and i know asking for help is pretty pathethic every few days , but i really need help...

so here is my program hope that someone will go over it and fix / change / rebuild and give me a good solution for it (collision)

ty for your time , any help will be appreciated
nadav

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 14:41
Hey, your collision works pretty good, sometimes you can get stuck on an object if you try to move backwards away from it, but if you set the backward speed to 2 this fixes it.
I realise, you may not want backward speed to be 2 but I havn't been through your collision code yet.

Is there anything else about your collision that your unhappy with?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:33:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:33:39