Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Free Version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, im sure that this question has been asked at LEAST 20 dozen times before, but i cant find it in the forums... is it possible to use the free version of FPSC to make a world for DarkGDK? and if it is, how do i do it? Sorry to be a pain, but im just not sure how this works
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 15:27
All you need to do is:

Create a Map (Without dynamic Objects!) then start a Test-Game.
And after the Test-Game is ready you can find the builded Map in the: "Files\Levelbank\testlevel\" Directory.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 18:35
Check out the first video here for step by step instructions:

http://www.darkgamestudio.com/movies.php

This is for DBPro but it will be similar

FireBASIC - The Heart of Great Programming - http://firebasic.ablazegaming.co.uk
xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 02:29 Edited at: 28th Jan 2009 02:55
sweet. thanks for the info guys! One more question... is there automatically collision data for the worlds made with fps creator, or do i have to use something like sparky's to do that?
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 03:01
There is usually never anything automatic in programming so you would have to do it yourself, I guess Sparky's dll would be the easiest way.

xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 03:43 Edited at: 28th Jan 2009 06:03
ok and also, i tried adding a prefab to an fps creator level and i cant seem to open the door to the room. i tried modifying the settings, but that made the door disappear completely. and also, when i load the game level into darkgdk, it doesnt have its textures. what should i do about that?
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 13:21
Take a closer Look at my Posting:

Quote: "(Without dynamic Objects!)"

The dynamic Objects such as Doors/Windows aren't build into the universe.dbo File.

xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, no, i meant that the door wouldnt open whenever i ran the level in fpsc, not in darkgdk, but why are the textures doing what they're doing? Shouldnt the textures stay on the map like in the tutorial for loading an fpsc level?
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 23:27
Make sure you copy the texturebank and the entitybank as a lot of the textures used are not allways in the texturebank if your using static objects, just copy the folders and delete the unneeded files such as fpe, x, and bmp files.

For collision you can use static raycasting, aswell. Thats what i use and it does the job fine altho sparky's dll is good

FireBASIC - The Heart of Great Programming - http://firebasic.ablazegaming.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:17:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:17:25