Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbFadeBitmap how to use it ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello

does anyone know how to use dbFadeBitmap() ?
i was unable to find any post about it in the forum and there no much indication in the documentation, the help says that it allow to fade a bitmap with 0 for black screen and 100 a plain bitmap, i guess that it acts like an alpha on a spirite. but coding this seems not to operate. if someone know how to use it, that would be a great help.

thanks
CheatCat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 10:59
Just use sprites, bitmaps is useless (I think...).
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 23:28
Bitmaps are draw surfaces, with bitmap 0 referring to the screen, and bitmaps 1 to 32 being customizable draw surfaces that you can use to create images. This command would darken the bitmap from normal visibility to blackness based on a percentage. However, it does not apparently work on the bitmap that is draw to the screen.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 02:18
What if the OP references bitmap #0, which is the screen?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
stevebrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 07:49
SunDawg you mention that bitmaps 1 to 32 are customizable would you like to go into that a little deeper. Ummmmmmm i presume you are saying that only the first 32 bitmaps can be switched in out swapped around etc or ??????. Also what is the total amount of bitmaps allowed or is that determined by system memory or both ?

Regards Steve

AMD Athlon64x2 3.1Ghz - Ram 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz - 500Gb HD
Ndivia 9600GT SLI - 24in LCD - WIN 7 - 64 bit BETA
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 14:12
32 is the limit for bitmaps. 0 represents the screen and the other 32 are the maximum you are allowed. Period.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 19:43
When I say customizable, I mean that you can define their size and draw anything you want to them. dbCreateBitmap() is the function to call, which takes three arguments, ID Number, Width, and Height. If you wanted a draw surface that is 720 by 480 pixels:

Then, using dbSetCurrentBitmap(int ID), you can select it, and then use any drawing operation to draw on it. Setting the current bitmap to zero will revert back to the screen. By default, the last created bitmap is the active one, until explicitly set by that command.

My site, for various stuff that I make.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:28:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:28:29