Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Why do my posts here STILL have to be approved?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been here since March 2007 and spent at least a couple hundred USD with TGC.

I haven't posted a lot here, just a few questions in the FPSC threads, but I figured at least by now I should be off the "posting probation" list.

Almost 2 years isn't long enough?

Can someone explain this to me please?
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 15:27
I once double posted a thread (I simply hit the mouse button two times by accident) and that kicked me back to square one (having all posts checked). Small things can annoy the mods I guess.

And I have also spend at least a couple hundred dollars here. So bribing doesn't help
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 16:25
Post moderation is based on how many posts you actually make and what you contribute to the community, not just how long you've been here.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree that this often turns useful members away. Nobody likes it because if there is no mod online, you can't get the immediate help you want. I understand that they want to keep the forums clean, but post moderation is rather stupid in my honest opinion.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 17:47
Quote: "but post moderation is rather stupid in my honest opinion.
"

You haven't seen some of the posts coming down the pipe that we have; we keep a lot of garbage out for you guys, which is often a thankless chore.

As TGPEG said, it's based on how many posts you make over time; we all know it's frustrating, and we all had to go through it. Keep at it; once it's gone, it's gone (unless you have to be moderated yourself).

-Keith

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
If you take the time to moderate posts, you can't simply delete idiotic ones instead? With all due respect,we appreciate what you mods do, as you keep the clutter clean, but delete a few threads here and there is not nearly as complex as having to approve any GOOD post. Once again, just a thought.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 18:18
The problem with deleting threads here and there (which we actually do from time to time, though you obviously don't see them), is that there may be informative responses; and if the thread isn't there (with our reply), members tend to just make another one. Again, you are trying to simplify a complex problem. Couple that with the fact that we do have actual lives, jobs and familys (not to mention spending time on our own projects).

Just my thoughts.

-Keith

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, that is a good point. Either way, I respect the mods decisions, and after being a moderator on a major forum before (110mb), I resigned due to me hating it completely. When you're a mod you can't be the "fun" member, because every move you make your judged on. I do NOT envy you.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 18:24
Quote: "When you're a mod you can't be the "fun" member, because every move you make your judged on. "

Yes; that's true...which is why I haven't had time to make any free media in awhile now. Thanks for understanding; I try to keep a good balance when dealing with so many different attitudes/personalities here. It's not always easy, but it has it's personal rewards for me...as I do like to help people out and see their work grow.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
And I just like to joke around, without a worry in the world.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 18:46
Nothing wrong with that.

Blues Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, thanks for the feedback.

I was a Forum Moderator and a major 3D website for over 2 years.
I understand the reasoning behind the post approval process, even though it is a bit of a pain for everyone.

This is a very informative and helpful site, many times I can find answers by taking a bit of time and doing simple searches on things I have questions about. I have seen repeated questions over and over again on other forums because some people through either ignorance or laziness don't bother to research their issue in the docs or the forums first.

I haven't posted a lot because I haven't used the sofware that much yet (as mentioned by Keith earlier life, work and don't want to post "fluff" stuff just to get my 'noob' tag removed. I'd rather post legit questions and follow the rules...

I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer until after I become more active with the software and commmunity.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 09:55
Just a couple of things to add...

Initial moderation is an automatic thing, the mods have no control over it. Money, chocolate, offers of world domination cannot lift this moderation

This system was introduced to protect the community from some very bad people. Seriously - if you saw the posts that caused this system to be created, you could have been psychologically scarred for life. We are not talking about a little indiscretion here!

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 15:59
I agree with the protocol, but I think that after maybe a week max, we should be trusted, because I don't think It's necessary

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:15:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:15:32