Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / pong game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can anyone give me ideas on variations of pong game??
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 12:52
I guess theres a few things you could do...

* Rotating paddles so the ball bounces off in wild directions.
* Have the ball speed up if the paddle is moving when hit, like a smash!
* Add obstacles onto a arena to deflect the ball.
* Allow the ball to spin, so if you are moving the paddle the ball bounces off spinning to suit - so it would be tricky to work out how the ball will bounce when it hits the a wall. Imagine hitting the side of the cueball when playing pool.
* Use 2 balls, so the goal might be to hit them at different angles to disrupt the other player.
* Have the paddle get smaller and smaller as the game goes on, getting even smaller when you loose a ball.
* Have a sorta bat on the paddle that you can swing round to hit the ball at full speed, like it would be a challenge to hit the ball like that - but at the end of the day Pong is all about skill.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Quadrazar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 18:12
double team pong?
each side has two paddles.

Amiga 500 - 68000 processor / 7 Mhz, 512 Kb RAM, 4-channel PCM synthesizer (stereo)
pong game
Years of Service
User Offline
can someone please tell me the code to decrease the size of the pong game throughout the game. everytime the ball hits the paddle the box of game decreases and the speed of the ball increases.

i am new with the darkbasic. i could do with any help with the code to decrease the size of the ball everytime the ball hits the paddle.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:00:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:00:45