Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / milkshape and ccs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how do i get an fpsc model into milkshape..............??????
without the extra expense of having to buy fragmotion.

charactor creation studio ONLY opens fpsc ready charactors,but doesnt allow you to remodel them or anything.
i tried making a basic stick man in 3dsmax ( old version) but ccs wont even import it,just locks up.
i read the community manual,and it says you need fragmotion.....im not paying for even more software,because then ill need somthing else and so on.

milkshape imports direct x meshes....but what about the whole model and animations,so i can remodel it with the animations and export them.

anyone who can help here please jump in as im starting to think ive completley wasted my money.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 22:34
If your referring to Character Creation System (my program) then it WILL import 3ds max models, you just need the correct exporter/export settings.

You need pandasoft exporter, which is on the FPS Creator website.

The guide says you need fragmotion because most cant afford 3ds max. What "old Version" do you have? if it supports the pandasoft exporter, your good.

I think its worth noting that C.C.S. ONLY imports what FPSC would anyway, to avoid conversion problems and things like that, so if it wont open in C.C.S, it wouldn't open in FPSC anyway.

If you do want to go the milkshape route, there is a milkshape biped file for FPSC characters on my site as well, i haven't used it in ages, but it may still work. If you have the "Characters halfway thru the floor" problem, then search the forums for another thread that updated it (i cant remember if i updated the zip on my site or not)

On a lighter note, Character Creation Studio sounds better then Character Creation System... Should have thought of it

http://www.fpsc.seqoiagames.com
the new madkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
so does the biped file have all the animations linked to it.if not then i would have to animate it all myself...which sort of makes ccs...or my reasons for buying it obsolete.

maybe tgc should go the 3d game studio route and supply a model and charactor making software with fpsc.

so how do i transfer a fpsc charactor into milkshape so i can remodel it???
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 03:48
Yes, there is a biped available for 3ds max though too, i would suggest using that, since max is what ALL FPSC's stock content was made with.

On the FPS Creator website there is a link to all those resources.

You have to "Import" the character, and i haven't used milkshape before so im not sure if it imports X files or not.

http://www.fpsc.seqoiagames.com
the new madkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
does the biped have all the animations though....like i said,if i have to animate it myself then ive wasted my money buying ccs,as i thought i could use milkshape,load up a stock charactor,delete the faces and start from scrtch,but when finished my model would have all the animations,put into ccs and made fpsc ready........
the new madkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
ok.....i got the biped files,put them into milkshape,made a quickie and exported it as a .x (direct 8)
everything seems to work ok.
i tried exporting as jt direct x but your ccs wouldnt pick up on the animations,but the export direct x 8 worked fine.

it even allows me to change the animations.

no worries mate ( till i buy the wcs,weapon creator SYSTEM)
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Mikshape doesnt import x files

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 14:31
yes it does Red Eye. the new madkiller: you need to use the DirectXJT exporter not the directx 8 exporter. the directx8 exporter doesn't export animated meshes.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
the new madkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
i used the jt exporter and it wasnt very good.
the directx8 worked perfectly.

the skeleton was a ms3d file not a .x

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:26:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:26:01