Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / dbSpriteHit(); Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 15:55
The problem might be my fault... ive built FOR loops to try to cycle through every bullet and every enemy. basically just to learn the GDK im building a game that will be scrapped so when i build my real one i dont EFF it up.

I read that there is a way to use the collision function to just check collision with an object and return the value but i cant seem to make it work.

dbSpriteCollision(61 + i, 0) seems to return nothing so i built a for loop i obviously have issues with but need help on why collision wont work with the "0"

Saving the world, one bit at a time.... Wait it's not worth saving. Get your own bits!
Kilrath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 17:11
Fixed with:

Thanks for reading. It appears that the backdrop fires the Collision with value 1 because the lazer is always collided with the backdrop... so i rewrote the FOR loops and we are in business.

Saving the world, one bit at a time.... Wait it's not worth saving. Get your own bits!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:43:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:43:04