Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.NET compatible plugins

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Are any of the current plugin's GDK.NET compatible? Does DarkPhysics work with GDK.NET?
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 17:16
Dont think so.. Can anyone confirm this?

BealziBob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 18:34 Edited at: 5th Feb 2009 00:01
Apparently not, Dark GDK.NET requires some extra level of interface exposure to be done (or somesuch technical gubbins) to the exising gdk plugins to allow them to work with GDK.NET.

I'm a little dismayed at this too, but the comment has been made that work is being done to create GDK.NET versions of all major plugins. I hope this work is down to the individual authors of the plugins and the persistance/mithering of the newborn GDK.NET community. Not sure weather our poor one man army is the only source of development. I do hope not for his sanity's sake.

As APEXnow (the GDK.NET Developer) says:

Quote: "Thank you for buying DarkGDK.NET, glad to hear that you're enjoying the toolkit. As of this moment, the other expansion packs are not yet available for DarkGDK.NET, but I'm working on getting DarkPhysics done first. The other plugins will follow.

I can't say when the plugins will be available, but it will be as soon as possible."

If the individual developers are involved then we can definatley look forward to seeing all the "gamecreators" plugins and indeed wolfs glorious EZ rotate and Advanced Animation.

Now I have this brand new shiny toy, I am quite happy to wait, and I'm sure with a little patience, the plugins will all become available eventually. Personally, I'm using the time to brush up on my C# whilst trying all the neat stuff in DBPro. The mere fact that I don't have to go through the brain-mangling of learning C++ to make my usual myriad of incomplete programs in a delicious new environment was worth the price of GDK.NET alone.

My current project (which I most certainly will not finish!) is a full level editor with sexy windows interface and (hopefully) lightmapping & physics setup. The beauty of C# is that I can easily expand my object classes to incorperate these new plugins as they become available.

All I can say is well done APEXnow and go to it like a pig at a potato.

My plugin wishlist (In no particular order):
DarkPhysics
DarkLights
EZrotate
Enhanced animation
DarkAI
Sparkey's collision
all the blasted rest

Appologies for length!

An old DBPro man but still: Just a casual observer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:21:37