Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / game compiles fine, but exe dosent work....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 21:33
so my game runs fine and I can play it but when I go and click the exe in the debug folder I get an error saying :

Error During Setup: Object(1) does not exist

anyone know what this is? (I'm using sparkys)
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a similar problem. exe compiles fine and works fine on my computer. however when i tried my exe on 2 other pcs i get the obscure error "wrong configuation error"

i am using the new gdk update.

any ideas?
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 23:04
have u set the build mode to release insted of debug?

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
yes release mode
sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 11:07
Quote: "so my game runs fine and I can play it but when I go and click the exe in the debug folder I get an error saying :"

And if you copy that EXE file from the debug folder and paste it in the same folder where you have your source code files, then everything will probably work now, when you execute that EXE.

You have to remember that when you are compiling your code, your default home folder is actually your source code folder. All your resources (*.X files etc) are referenced from this source code folder.
When you are running the exe from the debug folder, all your resources are referenced from the debug folder, and you probably have no resources referenced from that folder.
Wikaman1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 18:42
Thanks sydbod I got it working when I moved the exe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:23:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:23:49