Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just wondering how people have made the cut scenes in their games? is it with FPS C x10?

as i dont think ill be using voice acting - how would be be able to have text appear on the screen during the cut scenes and during the game play?
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
well people use fpsc x9 mostly to make cutscenes...
there are also animated 3d and 2d videos that people make...
to make text appear on the screen you trigger a hud that says the text you want and use a sound trigger to play sounds

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 21:53 Edited at: 4th Feb 2009 22:05
Quote: " how would be be able to have text appear on the screen during the cut scenes and during the game play? "

Display the HUD while you are recording the cutscene and it will be in there.
Whether recording or playing the game, if you use the game for recording your cutscenes then the method to displaay the HUD is the same.

Like Dude232 said, you can use FPSC (X9 or X10) for doing the cutscenes.
X10 has built in camera fly mode, but you can script some basic camera controls for X9 like the camera lift script in my puppet script thread.
If you have X10, then that would make nice cutscenes for X9 because you could record the ragdoll, bloom, water, and other effects in the cutscenes.

Quote: "as i dont think ill be using voice acting -"

I guess most kids playing shooter games can read anyway.
However, voice has advantages over text when considering dyslexia.
Hearing is faster than reading too, and allows us to maintain our eye focus on our thousand yard stare.

Armageddon Ash
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx for the info, this will be my first game and im doing all on my own so i think ill just stick with the text. i think its going to be hard doing the cut scenes, guess im going to have to research it
Indiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 19:23
I dunno how some people make cut scenes. What I know you can play a video by puting a Story Zone, and select the video you want to play, but the video has to be in the FPs Creator Folder and in the files, then video bank.

I love making games but I like searching for artifacts more.
Teacher
Years of Service
User Offline
If you're prepared to do a bit of learning and playimg, Daz 3D which is (mostly) free can make fantastic cut scenes - but it does take time

There are always doubters.
That's why there are swords.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:17:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:17:37