Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Collision mode issue - help request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 14:35
I'm working on an animated prop that starts playing to a certain frame when the player comes close. The animation includes the tilting of a large object from an upright to a horizontal position so the player would be able to walk upon it after the animation has played-but it seems the collision testing interferes with it so that it collides as if it was still upright and not tilted down- no walkie, frustration. Collision mode for the entity is set to 1, which imho resembles polygon based colldetect. any ideas how to make a prop as i described? think of it like an upright wall or fence that is tossed over and then walked across. Help on this is highly appreciated.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 08:25
fpsc uses collision square boxes for dynamic items and can't be easily changed (as far as i know)

SOOO

i suggest having no collision at all for the tower and instead use a static invisible ramp for the player to walk up after the tower has fallen.

if done properly it will provide the same effect.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 09:31
As gorba said, FPSC draws a big collision box around dynamic entities, you can't have polygon collision for anything but static. If you look at the scripts for doors for example, you will see that they turn collision off after the animation.

A solution to your problem would be to produce 3 entities.
1. A tower, which is static and does move.
2. The large object, animated to move from upright to horizontal.
3. A large object of similar shape to the animated one, but horizontal and not animated.

Then, you just need to script the animation to run, and put "activateifused=1" in the script after the animation call.

Make sure the non-animated shape is set to dynamic, immobile, spawn at start = no, and spawn after delay = yes.

Then you shouild be good to go

Best,
Paul

daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 10:17
Quote: "fpsc uses collision square boxes for dynamic items and can't be easily changed (as far as i know) "

Thanks for the (sadly bad) heads up on this limitation. Sure it can be worked around the way that you both describe, but I hoped it could be easier to pull off. Thanks again, gorba and paul.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 15:02
Daarboven, I've got those sketchup models I was talking about ready. Could you give me your email so I can send them? [/off-topic]

MASSIVE new multiplayer game coming soon!
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 17:41
Umm, doesn't "collisionmode = 4" uses polygonal Collision instead of an Box Collision?

If I'm wrong... ignore me.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@GOH Doomster: That is right, there are two types: Polygon Colision mode and Box Collison mode. The most used is Box Collision, because the framerate wont drop down. But the Polygon Collision Mode is very handy

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 13:40
Quote: "Umm, doesn't "collisionmode = 4" uses polygonal Collision instead of an Box Collision?"

Oh.
Thanks Doomster. I'll get back to that with this valueable piece of information!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:29:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:29:27