Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / a couple of questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering how would i make it so that to kill the zombie characters in my game you have to shoot them in the head? i heard that you can change the health of characters but could this be done to individual parts? so that to kill the zombie you have to shoot them say 9 or 10 times in the chest but if you shoot them in the head they instantly die

also i saw a video of one of the packs that had a chainsaw and it showed the monster that had it get its head cut off, can all zombies in the pack or any other pack have its head cut off with the chainsaw or is it just that one?

i was also wondering is it possible to change the blood effect that appears on the screen when the character is damaged?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 15:46
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 16:42
Change the zombies health to somewhere in the region of 200 (or whatever 10 pistols shots is) and change the headshot damage to 200 (there are many threads on how to do this, use the search)

The animations are unique to that zombie unfortuantly.

Do you mean the image which appears when the player is hit or the enemies?

To change the players damage image, go to files\gamecore\huds\eyehud.dds(i think this is the right path) and replace that image with your one.

If you want to change the enemies, there is a way to do it but I can't remember right now :/

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Armageddon Ash
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Nickydude, yeah sorry for title i really couldnt think of anything

@ Marc Steene, thanx for the info, i was afraid that the chainsaw thing would only work on that one zombie thanx for the other bits of info as well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:12:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:12:25