Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is FPSC for me?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am considering an educational project where a question is placed on the screen and answer choices placed over the objects. Basically a FPS multiple choice exam.

I already saw that you cannot read text files but can I have another program modify a file? Can I place labels over characters? Can I save results / scores and read them back?

I am not looking someone to write it, I am simply looking for You can/cannot do it with FPSC or Easier with another product type answer.

TIA
Me
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 17:11
Well you can place a question on the screen using images and scripting, and I suppose you could alter the textures of models so it has the answers placed on models.

You cannot execute other programs within FPSC without modifying the source code. You can save results but not send them back.

Well to be honest FPSC would not be the best option, instead i would recommend using dark basic pro, which is available from the game creators. It is a programming language which you would have to learn but you can do all of the above.

Hope that helps!

FireBASIC - The Heart of Great Programming - http://firebasic.ablazegaming.co.uk
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be better to use Adventure Maker for this.
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 15:17
Or Darkbasic.

Lee Bamber - Blame Beer
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, db or darkgdk would be the way to go with this.
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 16:33
And if you think The 3D gamemaker would be good, it sucks!

I can't texture. I'm not an artist.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:27:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:27:05