Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Loading Animations...animation doesn't exist and doesn't play.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My loaded animation does not exists and does not play.

Initialize function:

Inside DGDK main loop

Animation does not exists. It doesn't even play even after dbPlaceAnimation and dbPlayAnimation (which is not shown in code).

Im using Visual Express and DirectXMarch2008 and added the dxplay.lib from DirectXAugust2007.

When a person has nothing but a dream, can he dare to dream.
CheatCat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 10:46
You must set the working directory with dbSetDir(). If you want to set the directory to the game's patch you can use dbSetDir(dbGetDir()).
Orac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 00:30
dbLoadAnimation() doesn't support the .wmv format. According to the documentation:

Quote: "This command loads an animation file into the specified animation number. The animation file must be of the MPEG, AVI, Quicktime, WAV, AIFF, AU or SND format. You must specify an Animation Number between 1 and 32. Once you have loaded the animation file successfully, you can use the specified animation number to place, play and stop the animation.
"

Of all the things I've lost .. I miss my marbles most of all.
marlou
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "dbLoadAnimation() doesn't support the .wmv format. According to the documentation:"

@Orac
Thank you..
I guess this means i still have to do more studying..hehehe

When a person has nothing but a dream, can he dare to dream.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 17:08
Check out

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It's a utility for converting virtually (pun intended) any audio or video file from one format to another. You'll have to dig a bit because it's not very obvious where the actual download is in the site. I've used it for converting some video files into MP4 format for porting to my iPhone.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 17:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 17:27:09